This course provides insight and ideas into the development of automated test environments and test frameworks.
Sorry, there are no available dates.
Why test automation? What choices and possibilities are there and how can we effectively re-use and specialise existing components for test structures? The course covers the whole span of issues and gives you the tools to work with automation. The teaching sessions include suggested architecture for a complete, structured and robust testing framework.
Upon completing the course, you should be able to:
- Understand and apply basic ideas and principles for test automation
- Evaluate and select the right test environment, tools, methods and implementation techniques
- Select suitable test design and the necessary steps for implementation
- Carry out test configuration, handle test data and handle integration with other tools
Who should attend?
Test Automation is suitable if you are an applications developer or tester and wish to deepen your knowledge and gain new ideas in the development of automated test environments and test frameworks.
Level and prerequisites
Previous knowledge and experience in structured development is highly desirable for this course. It is also very applicable if you are familiar with and understand the language structures for Microsoft® Visual® C#, Python® and Ruby®. However, you do not have to be a specialist in these development languages.
The course takes two days and builds on theory as well as practical exercises. The practical part covers solutions using C#, Python and Ruby. Instruction is in Swedish or English. The whole course setup is pre-installed and virtualised for Windows® 7 and runs in Oracle® VirtualBox®.
Tailored, in-house training
We also offer the Test Automation course internally to companies. For prices and other information, contact Emil Sigvant on telephone +46 73 661 28 84 or by email.
Preparations, principles and ideas
- Why automate?
- General requirements and needs
- Graphic applications: challenges, difficulties and solutions
- Technical preparations
- Implementation platforms and development languages
- Tools support and components library
- Open-source or commercial solutions
General and basic architecture
- Methodology for hierarchical and structured test construction
- Design and implementation of test types
- Test methods, classes and suites
- Recycling, specialisation and adapting
- Existing tools for GUI manipulation
- Handling of test setup and resetting
- Test configuration and handling of test data
Implementation and practical exercises
- Alternative implementations: C#, Python and Ruby
- Development environments, tools and component library
- Implementation training: examples and exercises
- Coding rules and implementation methodology
- Defect search and test validation
- Integration with CI system