ISTQB Foundation e-learning gives you an understanding of the basics of testing and quality assurance of software. It’s fast, economic and flexible.
ISTQB Foundation e-learning gives you an understanding of the basics of testing and quality assurance of software. You get tools and tips which help you to set up testing in your own organisation.
Try ISTQB Foundation e-learning for free
The first chapter is for free, log in and try! Use the log in information down below. Try ISTQB Foundation e-learning here.
User name: demo
Upon completing the course, you should be able to:
- Understand and explain the value of software testing
- Explain how the tester’s and test manager’s work is affected in practice, depending on which development model is used in a project
- Use some basic techniques for black-box and white-box testing
- Assist with implementing new testing tools in an organisation
Who should attend?
The course is suitable if you have recently started or are about to start working with software testing, for example as a tester, test manager or test developer. It is also suitable if you wish to gain a basic understanding of your role as a project manager, development manager or quality assurance responsible.
Level and prerequisites
No particular previous knowledge is needed. However, previous experience of testing or developing can make it easier to relate the course content to actual working situations.
The System Verification ISTQB Foundation e-learning has the same course contents and course structure as the classroom training. The difference is that you read and answer questions on your own. Examination for certificate ISTQB Foundation can be booked after completed course. Naturally, you have the possibility to send your questions to our trainers, e-mail.
Examination ISTQB Foundation
The course concludes with a voluntary examination which leads to the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing. The exam is held at the end of the final course. The cost for the certification is not included in the course fee. For course participants the fee is SEK 3 500 excluding VAT. For more information about the certification, please contact us via e-mail.
The basics of testing
- Why is testing necessary?
- What is testing?
- Seven testing principles
- Fundamental test processes
- The psychology of testing
- Code of ethics
Testing throughout the software lifecycle
- Software development models
- Test levels
- Test types
- Maintenance testing
- Statistical Static techniques and test processes
- Review process
- Static analysis by tools
- Test design techniques
Test development processes
- Categories of test design techniques
- Specification-based techniques (black-box)
- Structure-based techniques (white-box)
- Experience-based techniques
- Choosing test techniques
- Test management
- Test planning and estimation
- Test progress monitoring and control
- Configuration management
- Risk and testing
- Incident management
Tool support for testing
- Types of test tools
- Effective usage use of tools: potential benefits and risks
- Introducing a tool in an organisation