ISTQB Foundation gives you an understanding of the basics of testing and quality assurance of software.
Sorry, there are no available dates.
ISTQB Foundation gives you an understanding of the basics of testing and quality assurance of software. You get tools and tips which help you to set up testing in your own organisation. It is a basic course where you learn why testing is needed, about success factors for testers and what a test organisation might look like. You also learn tried and tested techniques for developing test cases as well as how testing tools can save time and money.
UPON COMPLETING THE COURSE, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO:
- Understand and explain the value of software testing
- Explain how the tester’s and test manager’s work is affected in practice, depending on which development model is used in a project
- Use some basic techniques for black-box and white-box testing
- Assist with implementing new testing tools in an organisation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
ISTQB Foundation is suitable if you have recently started or are about to start working with software testing, for example as a tester, test manager or test developer. It is also suitable if you wish to gain a basic understanding of your role as a project manager, development manager or quality assurance responsible.
LEVEL AND PREREQUISITES
No particular previous knowledge is needed. However, previous experience of testing or developing can make it easier to relate the course content to actual working situations.
The teaching is based on a combination of instructor-led explanatory sessions, discussions and practical exercises. By applying your knowledge to concrete and realistic tasks, you gain a better understanding of the concepts taught in the course. The course is held in Swedish. Course material in English is included.
TAILORED, IN-HOUSE TRAINING
We also offer ISTQB Foundation internally to companies. For prices and other information, contact Emil Sigvant on telephone +46 73 661 28 84 or by e-mail.
EXAMINATION ISTQB FOUNDATION
The course concludes with a voluntary examination which leads to the ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing. The exam is held at the end of the final course. The cost for the certification is not included in the course fee. For course participants the fee is SEK 2 500 excluding VAT. You can also sit for a certification examination as a “private individual”, in which case the cost is SEK 3 000 excluding VAT.
You are allowed to bring the following to the examination:
- General dictionary English-Swedish
- A list of English-Swedish testing terminology
COURSE CONTENTS, ISTQB FOUNDATION
The basics of testing
- Why is testing necessary?
- What is testing?
- Seven testing principles
- Fundamental test processes
- The psychology of testing
- Code of ethics
Testing throughout the software lifecycle
- Software development models
- Test levels
- Test types
- Maintenance testing
- Static techniques and test processes
- Review process
- Static analysis by tools
Test design techniques
- Test development processes
- Categories of test design techniques
- Specification-based techniques (black-box)
- Structure-based techniques (white-box)
- Experience-based techniques
- Choosing test techniques
- Test organisation
- Test planning and estimation
- Test progress monitoring and control
- Configuration management
- Risk and testing
- Incident management
Tool support for testing
- Types of test tools
- Effective use of tools: potential benefits and risks
- Introducing a tool in an organisation