This course provides you with tools for a cost-effective method for handling complex IT projects and large IT programs.
The course covers planning, management, control, follow-up and the different methods needed for running successful projects. You get an efficient toolbox for meeting future challenges as a test manager or test strategist.
Upon completing the course, you should be able to:
- Run testing operations in small and medium-size projects
- Plan, estimate, follow up progress and handle deviations from the plan
- Allocate the right people as resources for test projects as well as motivate them in different contexts
- Improve processes and different test activities
Who should attend?
The course is suitable if you are a Test Manager, Test Coordinator or head of testing and wish to have more tools for handling different situations which can arise in test projects.
Level and prerequisites
Certification in ISTQB Foundation Level is required for certification in ISTQB Test Manager. The certification must be shown to the examination guard. SSTB recommends a completed ISTQB accredited course at Advanced Level, as well as at least three years of experience in testing work within the module at Advanced Level, in which the exam will be taken. A fee for certification will be charged.
The course focuses on applying theories in practice and includes many exercise tasks based on scenarios from different types of industry and project sizes. In order to be certified, supplementary self-study is required.
Tailored, in-house training
We also offer ISTQB Advanced Level Test Manager internally to companies. For prices and other information, contact Emil Sigvant on telephone +46 73 661 28 84 or by e-mail.
The course ends with a voluntary examination held at a later date. The cost for the certification is not included in the course fee. For course participants the fee is currently 3000 SEK excluding VAT. You can also sit for a certification examination without a course, in which case the cost is 3500 SEK excluding VAT.
You are allowed to bring the following to the examination:
- General dictionary English-Swedish
- A list of English-Swedish testing terminology
- Basic test activities
- Standards and models
- Context and stakeholder analysis
- Risk-based testing
- Strategy and planning
- Business value
- Basic principles
- Review types
- Introduction of reviews
Handling defect reports
- Life cycle of a defect
- Information in a defect report
- Measurements related to defects
Optimisation of test processes using different standard frameworks
- The test improvement process
- Different improvement frameworks
Tools and automation
- Advantages versus costs
- Arguments for the introduction of tools
- Tools categories
Roles, group dynamics, motivation, communication