This course provides you with basic knowledge in requirements management and prepares you for certification according to IREB®.
The IREB certification is internationally recognised proof that you possess the competence required to work with requirements management.The course covers the most common methods and techniques used in this field, for both new development and requirements management in existing systems. The goal is to ensure that you can be more productive in your daily work and achieve certification according to IREB.
Methods and techniques taught during the course can be used in any type of organisation and for all kinds of systems in areas such as finance, IT or embedded systems. The know-how can be used in various software development models, including IBM Rational Unified Process®, Scrum and Kanban. The course syllabus was developed by internationally recognised experts in requirements management. For those wishing to expand their knowledge, additional certification levels are available.
Upon completion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand methods and techniques for requirements management and when to use them
- Understand the concepts and terms used in requirements management
- Use models to document requirements
- Complete certification
Who should attend?
The course is ideal for those seeking to learn about the fundamentals of requirements management or those who wish to confirm their skills in the field. Those working in areas such as system development, quality assurance, testing, project management and system analysis will also benefit from this course.
Level and prerequisites
While experience in requirements management, testing or development can help you relate course concepts to real-life situations, it is not mandatory.
The course combines instructor-led sessions, discussions and practical exercises. The course is conducted in Swedish or English. Course materials and the examination are in English.
Tailored, in-house training
We also offer this course internally to companies. For prices and other information, contact Emil Sigvant on telephone +46 73 661 28 84 or by email.
The digital exam is written at a Test Centre. Please contact our partner Informator to schedule the exam and to apply for the extra time. The cost for the certification is not included in the course fee. For course participants the fee is SEK 2 500 excluding VAT.
- The importance of good requirements management
The basics of requirements
- Activities in requirements management
- Skills for requirements managers
- Types of requirements
- Quality requirements
Systems and system limits
- The system and its context
- System boundaries
- Sources for requirements
- Dealing with stakeholders
- Techniques for requirements elicitation
- Types of requirements documents
- Natural language for requirements
- Models for requirements
Quality assurance for requirements
- Review of requirements
- Validation of requirements
- Conflict resolution
- Identification of requirements
- Tracing requirements
- Version management
- Management of requirements changes
- Prioritising requirements
- Categories of tools
- Advantages and disadvantages of tools
- Examples of typical tools
- Selecting tools
- Examination for those seeking certification