This course gives you the tools to plan, analyse and use a series of different testing techniques.
Define the requirements and understand the needs. This is the basic premise for building effective testing. This course gives you the tools to plan, analyse and use a series of different testing techniques. Test design is about analysing both requirements and the clients’ needs, and to create tests which are cost-effective in terms of providing information about the product’s quality as well as identifying any faults. This course gives you understanding of good test design as well as practice in applying a range of different test design techniques. You get a toolbox with concrete techniques that you can start to use
directly in your own projects.
Upon completing the course, you should be able to:
- Choose different test design techniques and combine them based on existing prerequisites
- Plan test executions by creating test packages and test chains
- Work with basic exploratory testing
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at professionals who have worked with software testing for several years and now wish to gain in-depth knowledge about how to plan and create good testing.
Level and prerequisites
Previous experience of software testing and development will help you to relate the course content to real-life work situations.
The course first tackles the basics of a good software testing, different ways of writing tests and test maps, and how to prepare for test automation and exploratory testing. After this you will learn a series of test design techniques through a combination of theory and practice. You get the opportunity to practice every technique and learn its uses and strengths. Course material in Swedish is included.
TAILORED, IN-HOUSE TRAINING
We also offer this course internally to companies. For prices and other information, contact Emil Sigvant on telephone +46 73 661 28 84 or by email.
The digital exam is written at a Test Centre. Please contact our partner Informator to schedule the exam and to apply for the extra time. The cost for the certification is not included in the course fee. For course participants the fee is SEK 2 500 excluding VAT.
Introduction to test design
- Why do we need good tests?
- Can we test everything?
- Test designers’ problems
Analysis and design
- From requirements to testing
- What is a good test?
- Test cases and test charters
- Manual and automated tests
- Exploratory tests and SBTM
- Action plan
- Test packages and test chains
Risk-based test techniques
- Project factors and risk heuristics
- Error lists and attacks
Data-based test techniques
- Equivalence partitions
- Boundary value analysis
- Domain tests
- Syntax tests
- Data and time cycles
Combinational test techniques
- Base choice and 1- wise/ 2-wise /n-wise coverage
- Decision tables and decision trees
- State transition-based test techniques
- State transition diagrams and state transition tables
- Simple state transition plans and state transition pairs
User-centred test techniques
- Scenario tests
- Soap opera tests